Saturday, January 26, 2008

When Tomorrow Comes
By: Linda Parks Owens


When tomorrow comes and I don't wake up,

will you love me just as much?

Even though I can no longer speak, or caress

you with a gentle, loving touch.

Would you sometimes think you saw me

in a crowd or heard me call your name?

I guess what I'm asking is "Would our love

for each other still be the same?"

I would hope that you might shed a tear

or maybe even two or three.

In memory of all the love and tenderness

that was shared between you and me.

But please don't let your grief take over

and completely rule your life.

If you can find someone who loves you

as much as I do, then take her to be your wife.

For I don't want you to be lonely and I will

understand that you need someone

And it will not change the love we shared

since the first day it all begun.

No comments: